Join the National Research Mentoring Network
The National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN), funded by the National Institutes of Health, is a nationwide consortium of science professionals and institutions collaborating to provide students and scientists across all career stages of research in the biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and social sciences with enhanced networking, professional development, research resources and mentorship experiences.
As a mentee with NRMN, you can:
- Navigate NRMNet: an online resource for mentoring, networking and professional development
- Participate in virtual mentoring with mentors recommended to you based on topics relevant to your field(s) of interest in the sciences and your interest to discuss the impact of cultural background on your scientific career
- Stay up-to-date on NRMN’s programming and nationwide diversity efforts through webinars, videos, news, and links to ongoing professional development opportunities
As a mentor with NRMN, you can:
- Learn about mentoring best practices from other outstanding mentors
- Participate in mentorship in your field that directly addresses diversity, inclusivity, and culture through NRMN’s virtual mentoring platform
- Stay up-to-date on diversity efforts and programs
Click Here to create your profile on the NRMN website today!
Notes as you create your profile:
- You will be prompted to create a password and answer a set of basic questions to create your profile.
- When asked, “from which organization did you hear about NRMN?” please select Other from the dropdown menu and specify “ASBMB – American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology” in the field that pops up.
- When you reach the end of the questions, you will be given the option of setting up your virtual mentoring profile. This will entail answering some additional questions, and so you may choose the option to log back in and complete this step later if you prefer.
- Once you’ve completed your registration, you will see a Confirmation page listing your responses. You must click the red button on the lower right-hand side of this page in order to finalize your registration.