Scientific leadership and management skills course for postdocs and junior faculty members
The University of California, San Francisco, and the Gladstone Institutes are offering a scientific leadership and management course for senior postdocs, clinical research fellows and junior faculty.
The 16-hour course is recommended for those who are about to lead research groups or those who have just begun to lead them.
The course, which is offered every 18 to 24 months, is modeled after the successful course designed by Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
Course topics include:
- introduction to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI);
- using MBTI to improve performance;
- influencing others: motivating, managing conflict, “leading up”;
- advancing your research program;
- staffing your research group;
- managing your time effectively; and
- goal setting.
The next course will be offered May 11 and 18.
Applications are due March 1.