Foreign-born scientists who are 38 and under: Apply now for the $50,000 Vilcek Prize
The Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Biomedical Science are for foreign-born scientists doing work in the basic, applied and/or translational biomedical sciences.
Here’s an excerpt from the Vilcek Foundation’s published eligibility requirements:
1. Applicant must have been born outside the United States.
2. Applicant must not be more than 38 years old as of December 31, 2016 (born on or after January 1, 1978).
3. Applicant must:
• be a naturalized citizen of the United States;
• or be a permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States;
• or be a holder of an H1B or O-1 visa and have been living and working in the United States for at least 5 years;
• or have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
4. Applicant must have earned a doctoral degree (MD, PhD, or equivalent).
5. Applicant must intend to pursue a professional career in the United States.
6. Applicant must hold a full-time position at an academic institution or other organization. Eligible positions include the following: assistant or associate professor, research scientist, or equivalent. The applicant must be directly responsible for the design and execution of the work submitted for consideration. Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows working under the supervision of a mentor are not eligible.
7. Applicant must not be a past winner or finalist of the Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise.
Apply now. The winners will be notified in November.