Nominate someone for the 2017 National Postdoctoral Association award for mentoring
The National Postdoctoral Association (NPA), in partnership with Garnett-Powers & Associates, Inc., would like to announce the call for nominations for the 2017 NPA Garnett-Powers & Associates, Inc. Mentor Award. The award recognizes a faculty member who has engaged in exceptional mentoring of postdoctoral scholars. The deadline for submission is Monday, Aug. 22.
The award recognizes a faculty member who has engaged in exceptional mentoring of postdoctoral scholars as exhibited by the following:
- Has advocated for postdoctoral scholars.
- Has been accessible and provided open lines of communication to postdoctoral scholars.
- Has created a supportive environment for research; has shown respect for the postdoctoral scholars’ goals and assisted them in fulfilling those goals.
- Has provided them guidance in professional development, including, for example, encouraging the use of the Core Competencies for self-assessment and guidance, completing an individual development plan, and assisting the postdoctoral scholars in building a professional network through generous sharing of contacts.
- Has demonstrated a sustained commitment to creating a productive working environment that enhances the overall postdoctoral experience.
Continue here for details on submitting a nomination. Only postdocs are eligible to make nominations.
The recipient of the NPA Garnett-Powers & Associates, Inc. Mentor Award will receive a plaque, an honorarium of $500, complimentary registration to the 2017 Annual Meeting, and a $1,000 travel stipend. The award will be presented at the 15th NPA Annual Meeting, March 17-19, 2017.