NIH undergraduate scholarship program opens Jan. 3
The National Institutes of Health undergraduate scholarship program offers competitive scholarships to students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are committed to careers in biomedical, behavioral and social science health-related research.
The program offers scholarship support, paid research training at the NIH during the summer, and paid employment and training at the NIH after graduation.
Here are the deadlines you need to know:
- January 3, 2017 — Applications begin to be accepted
- March 14, 2017 — Applications are due
- March 28, 2017 — Letter of recommendation is due
- May 9, 2017 — Deadline for financial need form
- Mid-June 2017 — Phone interviews will be scheduled
- Mid-July 2017 — Phone interviews will be conducted
- Late-July 2017 — Winners will be notified