Apply for the May Institute on computation and stats for mass spec and proteomics
If you’re interested in attending the May Institute on Computation and Statistics for Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics in April at Northeastern University, we recommend that you apply by Jan. 31. However, we have it on good authority that any seats that remain available after that date will continue to be filled.
The institute will be held April 29 – May 10. Here’s a snapshot of the program:
- Targeted proteomics with Skyline
- Proteomics and metabolomics with OpenMS
- Imaging mass spectrometry with Cardinal (half-day workshop)
- Beginner’s statistics in R
- Advanced R
- Statistics for quantitative mass spectrometry
- Visualization of biomolecular data
- Scientific writing (half-day workshop)
- Capstone – case studies in data-independent acquisition
Here you can find the per-course or per-workshop pricing for academics and industry professionals. Note, however, that fee waivers are available. Here’s what the organizers say about that:
A limited number of registration fee waivers and travel fellowships for students and postdocs affiliated with US academic and nonprofit institutions will be available. We expect to reimburse the registration for up to two modules. We also expect to partly reimburse travel expenses after the conclusion of the event. The exact amount of fee waivers and travel fellowships will depend on the number of qualified applicants and will be announced together with the decision of acceptance.