Abstracts due soon for FASEB ion channel meeting in July in Portugal
The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, an umbrella organization of which the ASBMB is a member, is putting on a meeting about ion channel regulation in July in Lisbon, Portugal. You need to submit an abstract pretty soon if you are interested in being selected for a short talk.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. If you want to present your work, you must submit your abstract and register for the meeting at the same time. Yes, some meetings make this a two-step process. Not this one.
2. If you don’t want to present your work, you don’t have to submit an abstract. This probably goes without saying, but just in case: You can register as an attendee only.
3. The last day to register and submit an abstract to be considered for a short talk is June 15.
4. If you are selected to give a talk, you’ll find out three weeks before the meeting, and you should be prepared to also give a poster presentation.
5. The last day to register and submit an abstract to give a poster presentation also is June 15. This is not explicitly stated on the meeting website, but we contacted FASEB to be sure.
Here’s a list of topics that the meeting will cover:
- Ion channelopathies
- Ion channel modulation
- Ion channel structure-function
- Ion channel engineering
- Ion channel neurophysiology
- Cardiovascular ion channels
- Rhythms and dysrhythmias
- Ion channels and pain