Institut Pasteur offers epigenetics MOOC starting in July
Institut Pasteur is offering a free online course on epigenetics that will begin July 8. Register now!
The massive online open course, which will be presented in English, has been organized by Germano Cecere, who leads the Mechanisms of Epigenetic Inheritance lab at Institut Pasteur in Paris.
The course takes about 2.5 hours per week. It’s recommended by the organizers for med students, research scientists, healthcare workers, and students in the natural sciences.
It’s divided into the following parts:
- Fundamental principles about epigenetics.
- The mechanisms and molecules that regulate epigenetic processes.
- Epigenetic phenomena in different model organisms, what can we learn from them?
- How can epigenetics influence the life of an organism?
- Environmental epigenetics, how environmental changes influence heritability?
- Epigenetic mechanisms in diseases.
- Future perspective.
The speakers will include:
- Slimane Ait-Si-Ali (Université Paris-Diderot)
- Benoit Arcangioli (Institut Pasteur)
- Paola Arimondo (Institut Pasteur) Valentina Boeva (Inserm, Paris)
- Matthieu Boulard (EMBL, Rome) Giacomo Cavalli (IGH, Montpellier)
- Vincent Colot (ENS Paris) Eugene Gladyshev (Institut Pasteur)
- Maxime Greenberg (Institut Curie) Thomas Gregor (Institut Pasteur)
- Mélanie Hamon (Institut Pasteur) Michelle Holland (King’s College London)
- Nicola Iovino (Max Planck Institute, Freiburg) Francesca Merlin (Sorbonne U, Paris)
- Pablo Navarro-Gil (Institut Pasteur) Lluis Quintana-Murci (Institut Pasteur)
- Claire Rougeulle (Université Paris-Diderot) Ritwick Sawarkar (Max Planck Institute, Freiburg)
- Jonathan Weitzman (Université Paris-Diderot).