Oral abstracts for atherosclerosis meeting in Bahamas due Sept. 22
The Immuno-Metabolic Mechanisms of Atherosclerosis Conference will be held in Nassau, Bahamas, in March. If you’re interested in giving a talk, you must submit an abstract by Sept. 22. Poster abstracts, meanwhile, aren’t due until January.
Five ASBMB members are on the speakers list. They are:
- Nicolas Bazan (Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center)
- Christopher K. Glass (University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine)
- Kathryn J. Moore (New York University School of Medicine)
- Luke O’Neill (Trinity College Dublin)
- William Sessa (Yale School of Medicine)
The conference will have seven sessions:
- Vessel wall and endothelial cells
- Lipids and extracellular vesicles
- Innate immunity and inflammasome
- Adaptive immunity
- Aging and senescence
- Genetics and gene regulation
Faculty members who register at the early-bird rate ($1,835) can also register a student apiece for $850. Note that the registration rate includes accommodations and food and beverages.
The meeting chairs — Ziad Mallat of the University of Cambridge, Christoph Binder of Medical University of Vienna and Eicke Latz of the University of Bonn — encourage both scientists and clinicians to attend.